Phonak Roger Pen Transmitter – £450 (ex. VAT) £540 (inc. VAT)
Personal users may be able to purchase without VAT if for non-business use
Phonak’s universal, cutting-edge wireless microphone helps people with hearing loss to understand more speech in loud background noise and over distance. Designed with discretion and style in mind, the Roger Pen features adaptive wireless transmission, fully automated settings, wideband audio Bluetooth for mobile phone use, TV connectivity and an audio input for listening to multimedia. It can also be used alongside other Roger Pens and Roger Clip-On Mics in a microphone network. The Roger Pen can be on a table, held in the hand, or hanging around the speaker’s neck or clipped to their clothing.
The Roger Pen has extremely advanced technology built in which adapts the microphone mode automatically based on how it is held or placed;
- At Meetings – If taking part in an around the table meeting, simply place the Roger Pen in the middle of the table. This activates the Pen’s 360 degree microphone setting and it picks up the sound from the other voices around the table and wirelessly transmits them via Roger receiver to the hearing aids.
- Reporter Style – In a noisier environment, Roger Pen can be pointed towards the person you are listening to. The Pen detects this has happened and goes into a directional mode, focusing on and enhancing the voice you need to hear and at the same time reducing the background noise considerably.
- Around the neck of the speaker – Have the person you want to hear hang Roger Pen around their neck (lanyard provided). This automatically focus’s the Pen’s microphone on the speaker’s voice. This is particularly effective at a distance (10-20 metres) or when travelling by car, so that road noise is dramatically reduced
- Proven Roger speech-in-noise performance
- Fully automatic microphone mode selection
- Manual microphone mode option
- Available colours: Sterling Silver, Petrol or Ruby
- ’Zoom into’ soft voices in quiet and over distance
- Audio input for connection to multimedia devices
- Bluetooth version 4.0 for cell phone connection
- Multiple microphone use in a network
- Operating time: 7 hours
- Operating time with an active Bluetooth call: 5 hours
- Operating range: 10 metres or 33 feet (typical)
- 20 metres or 66 feet (ideal conditions)
What do I need to use Roger Pen?
Hearing aid – any aid with a Telecoil switch, regardless of manufacture can be used. This means that you can use the Pen with even NHS hearing aids, if they have a Telecoil. Any wireless Phonak hearing aid (if in doubt, please contact us and ask).
Receiver – You’ll also need a receiver. The most cost effective receiver is Phonak’s MyLink (for hearing aids with telecoil). Alternatively, a ComPilot with Roger X receiver plug-in, or an integrated receiver which will attach to certain Phonak behind the ear hearing aids and cochlear implants can be used.
Available in three colours – Light Sterling (silver), Ruby (red) and Petrol (blue).
Roger Pen is supplied with a docking station, power supply with country adapter and USB charging cable, a storage pouch, lanyard, audio cable for docking station, a 3.5mm to Micro USB audio cable, RCA/Cinch adapter for TV/HiFi and a Quick Set Up Guide.